St. Nicholas Church
Lower St. Nicholas Church, or St. Nicholas' Church, is Örebro's best known and oldest church in which it is located at the top of the Main Square at Queen Street. The church's name comes from Saint Nicholas who was a seafarer and handelsidkarnas patron. Before the 1900's it was the only church in Orebro.
It is believed that it was a merchant from Lübeck who built the church. The church building was begun around 1200's but was not finished until the early 1300s. I kyrkans uppbyggnad så fanns det Romanska stildrag på de äldre bitarna och den Gotiska stilen på de yngre delarna. The church was in its organization, very inspired by the Uppsala Cathedral and Skara Cathedral.
During the 1400s came church towers and the chapel tower, built of brick and granite. In spira subtract 1585 by Per Hanson Tower Builder.
1643 burned chapel tower when it is ignited by lightning. Intermediate 1660-1663 it was repaired the tower. The tower got its plate robe 1770. His major current appearance is from the church and the steeple during the major renovation of 1863-1900. The last renovation took place 1979 to 1980.
1292 – Ysar elected bishop of Strängnäs.
1333 – King Magnus Eriksson was granted half of all Swedish churches tenth.
1347 – meeting about a new national team, Magnus Eriksson.
1436 – funeral of Engelbrecht Engelbrektsson
1529 – was Orebro council, First Evangelical Synod.
1531 – session was held in Örebro. The decision to pay taxes to Lubeck with church bells.
1537 – New Evangelical Synod of Orebro.
1540 – session was held in Örebro. Laurentius Andreae and Olaus Petri accused of high treason. At the same parliament decided that Sweden would be a HEREDITARY KINGDOM.
1543 – Council meeting held in Örebro. Dacke feud was on the program.
1586 – adopted Orebro articles, where the priests of Duke Karl duchy adopted a local church order in response to John III:s tendency katoliserande. Örebro articles as an input in the s.c.. Liturgical battle.
The following parliamentary sessions were held in Örebro: 1606, 1608, 1610, 1611, 1614 and 1617.
At the parliament in 1810 was elected Marshal Jean Baptiste Bernadotte, later King Charles XIV, to the Swedish throne.
Parliament in 1812, which, among others. Peace of Orebro between Britain and the Sweden was concluded.
Brunnsparken – Gustavsvik - Karlslund – Kilsbergen – Krämaren – The nature reserve Kvismaren – Olaus Petri Church – Ossetian & Rynninge Bay – Rusakulan – St. Nicholas Church – The solar system in Örebro – City Park – Star Homes – The fungus – Wadköping – Örebro Castle